My family loves pasta. I try to change up the sauce so we don’t get stuck in a rut. Now that my 1-year-old son is eating “big kid food” I am also conscious of including vegetables and lean protein. I was excited when I was introduced to Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles because they have a turkey version that has only 70 calories but 11 grams of protein for a ½ cup serving!
This recipe combines vitamin packed vegetables including squash, zucchini, bell peppers and tomatoes, with the lean protein of turkey sausage. The whole family, including my 1-year-old son, couldn’t get enough!
- 8 oz. Campanelle pasta (or other fun shaped pasta)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 1 jar sugar free pasta sauce (I use Ragu)
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, squash, and pepper and saute for 8 minutes.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and sausage and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add sauce and cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Toss pasta with sauce and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Jimmy Dean. This could include Jimmy Dean providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.