When we were in Florida this summer we went on a deep sea fishing trip and came home with a ton of snapper. Snapper is a great fish to use in a variety of different recipes. In the summer one of my favorite ways to enjoy fish is as a fish taco.
Below is my stock fish taco recipe. You can mix it up by using different fish and different vegetables. It is really versatile to work with whatever you have on hand.
- 6-8 oz. snapper
- Cajun or blackening seasoning
- Olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Refried black beans
- Canned diced green chilis
- Red cabbage
- Green onions
- Jalapeno pepper
- Heat large pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle fish with seasoning. Once pan is hot add about a tablespoon oil and fish a cook until fish flakes (approximately 3 minutes per side).
- Remove fish and wipe pan clean. Place tortillas in pan one or two at a time and cook 10 seconds per side (or according to package directions).
- Thinly slice all vegetables.
- Build your taco starting with refried beans, green chilies, vegetables, salsa and top with fish. Sprinkle with chopped mint and drizzle with lime juice.