- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp yeast
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup very warm water
- 4 tablespoons soften butter
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- roughly 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup more brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine the first 5 ingredients and whisk until the butter has melted into the liquids and the yeast forms small bubbles on top. Roughly 5 minutes.
- To this, add in 3 cups of whole wheat flour. Once your dough looks crumbly add in your cold water, roughly 3/4 cup or until the dough looks malléable and ready for kneading...
- Knead your dough into a ball shape for about 5-8 minutes until it is less sticky to touch and holds a shape. Place on an oiled plate with moistened paper towel on top to rise for about 1 hour.
- In the meantime, mix your brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Once your dough has doubled in size, take a rolling pin and roll out flat on a floured surface. Sprinkle half of your cinnamon sugar mixture and fold in half.
- Sprinkle remaining sugars and mold your dough into loaf form and put into corresponding pan. Allow to rise for about 20 minutes while your oven preheats to 350 degrees.
- When your dough has risen pop it in the oven for 45-50 minutes checking every 5 minutes after the first 40. Your bread should be golden brown with nice crisp edges!
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, slice and enjoy!