Our garden is finally producing enough vegetables to keep me from having to buy produce at the store. I love being able to pick what I need and fresh picked veggies taste better than store bought any day!
Right now we have a bunch of summer squash (as always), cucumber, and peppers. I initially came up with this recipe as a side dish, but as dinner came together I decided to throw everything together and it came out great. Feel free to substitute any protein for the pork or serve just the veggies as a refreshing side dish.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 Anaheim pepper (or other semi-spicy pepper)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove - grated
- 4 small pork chops
- 4 ounces whole grain pasta
- Seasoned Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice all vegetables very thin. If you have a good mandolin slicer that would work well. I just use a sharp knife and patience.
- Combine vegetables in large bowl and season liberally with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Combine oil, vinegar and garlic and shake until combined. Pour over vegetable mixture in large bowl.
- While vegetables marinade heat grill over high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and grill 6 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside.
- While pork chops are cooking boil water and cook pasta to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to stop cooking and cool off. Stir into vegetable mixture.
- Chop pork and add to the vegetable and pasta mixture.