I was recently provided with a great opportunity to review two cookbooks from the Pink Kitchen. Not only are the recipes healthy but the taste great AND include cancer fighting ingredients! I love the Pesto cookbook and came up with this recipe using the Almond Parsley Pesto from the cookbook. Enter for your chance to win the Pesto cookbook here!
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (leaves and stems)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (or water)
- 4 grouper fillets
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- Place almonds in a food processor and pulse a few times. Add parsley, cheese, and oil. Blend until thickly pureed. Add lemon juice/water until desired consistency is achieved. You want it to be thick so it holds up on top of the fish.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes on one side. Flip and top with pesto. Cook another 3-5 minutes until cooked through.