Everyone says that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I am guilty of rarely eating breakfast, or counting my soy latte as breakfast. A friend of mine shared this great recipe with me. It is super healthy, tastes great, and is easy to make a large batch on the weekend and then pull out of the fridge for breakfast on the go during the week!
- 1 C. Buckwheat or whole wheat pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C. milk
- 3/4 C. dry oats
- 1 T. Flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2-4 scoops protein power (mine is vanilla flavored and I use 4 scoops)
- 1 Banana mashed
- 1T. Coconut oil
- Heat a large electric skillet to 375.
- Mix all ingredients except coconut oil in bowl.
- Once mixed stir in melted oil.
- Pour 1/4 c. at a time and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with fresh strawberries or blueberries on top -- or plain!
Linked up at: Hearth and Soul Hop