2 1/2 cups steel cut oats
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup wheat bran
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) chilled butter, cut into 1-inch pieces (save the wrappers)
10 baking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch wedges
1 pound plums, cut into 1-inch wedges
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup light maple syrup
1. In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, sugar, and butter. With your fingertips, work the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms pea-size lumps.
2. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish
4. In a bowl, combine apples, plums, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Mix thoroughly.
5. Top the fruit with the oatmeal mixture. Bake the crumble for 30-40 minutes or until the top is brown and the mixture is bubbling at the edges. Serve with vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream.